Mongkut, my eldest kuman thong

Mongkut, my eldest kuman thong
Mongkut, my eldest kuman thong. Arrived Saturday, October 15, 2016.

Channarong, my second eldest kuman thong

Channarong, my second eldest kuman thong
Channarong, my second eldest kuman thong. Arrived Saturday, December 3, 2016.

Tanet (Rich Man), Niran (Eternal), and Ukrit (Supreme)

Tanet (Rich Man), Niran (Eternal), and Ukrit (Supreme)
My middle, second to the youngest, and youngest kuman thong came into my life the night of Sunday, May 28, 2017. Left: Niran; Middle: Ukrit; Right: Tanet.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Saturday, Offering Day

Lit joss sticks in all burners on the ground floor. Lit the altar table lamps and the lamp at Mongkut's shrine. These will remain lit the entire day.

Bought a packet of three each of three assorted candies in a plastic sack at the convenience store next door.

Lunch with Aubrey.

Resting before doing the actual offering.

Traditionally the offering to a kuman thong is done early in the morning before everyone takes breakfast. Of late, though, I have been sleeping 5:00 AM and rising 11:00 AM. I do not wish to be a slave obsessive-compulsively following rituals to the letter; I will only be miserable and resent what I am doing in the long run, and that is the last thing I want to happen. I believe that the right way to do rituals is to incorporate everything in one's personal rhythm, that is why I have always preferred to be an individual practitioner rather than part of a group. That way one merges smoothly with his/her environment, with one's magic, and ultimately with the cosmos.

No comments:

Post a Comment