Mongkut, my eldest kuman thong

Mongkut, my eldest kuman thong
Mongkut, my eldest kuman thong. Arrived Saturday, October 15, 2016.

Channarong, my second eldest kuman thong

Channarong, my second eldest kuman thong
Channarong, my second eldest kuman thong. Arrived Saturday, December 3, 2016.

Tanet (Rich Man), Niran (Eternal), and Ukrit (Supreme)

Tanet (Rich Man), Niran (Eternal), and Ukrit (Supreme)
My middle, second to the youngest, and youngest kuman thong came into my life the night of Sunday, May 28, 2017. Left: Niran; Middle: Ukrit; Right: Tanet.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Performed the name-changing ritual this evening. Lit joss sticks once again on the ground floor. Dedicated a paraffin oil lamp to the kuman thong shrine. I prefer paraffin oil lamps to candles.

I recited the incantations in what must have been very stilted Thai, and then in English. Vibrating incantations in an incomprehensible language is not new to me, since many, if not all, oraciones of Philippine magic are in pidgin Latin and Spanish.

His name is now Mongkut. I did tell him that, if he is actually not a boy but a girl, I would be equally happy, but that he should communicate that to me in a dream, after which I will need to conduct another name-changing ritual. He must be a boy, though. The source called him a kuman thong, not a kumari thong, which a girl spirit is.

I feel that he protests whenever I turn off the ceiling lights. He must still be feeling claustrophobic and annoyed by the dark after his long trip to the Philippines. Will keep a shaded lamp on or the paraffin oil lamp lit through the night, every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment